Privacy Collection Policy
Welcome to The Great Courses Plus and to thegreatcoursesplus.com website (“Website”). The Teaching Company Sales, LLC d/b/a The Great Courses (“The Great Courses”) is committed to the protection of subscriber and customer privacy. Our service and Website are operated by The Teaching Company Sales, LLC, 4840 Westfields Blvd., Suite 500, Chantilly, VA 20151-2299 (under the trading name of “The Great Courses”). Click here if you would like more information on how to contact us.
The Great Courses and its partners may use or disclose your Personal Information and/or Non-Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Confirm and enable your subscription;
- Carry out obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us and to provide you with information, products and services;
- Determine your general geographic location and internet service provider to enable us to quickly and efficiently respond to inquiries and requests;
- Complete financial or other transactions that you have requested;
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us, including order confirmation from us or your designated payment processor;
- Send you information regarding changes to our policies;
- Personalize content and experiences on our Websites;
- Provide you with advertising based on your activity on our Websites and applications and on third party sites and applications;
- Send you articles of interest on the subjects covered by our courses;
- Send you e-mail surveys to vote for the courses you want us to make, to rate the quality of our service or individual course titles, and to tell us what improvements to make to our services;
- Send you offers and promotions for The Great Courses products and services, or third-party products and services if you have specifically consented to this.
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations;
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal and
If you do not provide us with your Personal Information, we may not be able to provide you with the services.
We usually disclose your Personal Information to independent companies that we engage to provide certain services to us or you, including, without limitation, website hosting services, cloud hosting service providers (such as Amazon Web Services), course content distribution services, credit and debit card processing, mobile application providers, order fulfilment, contest and sweepstakes processing, and internet connectivity services in connection with The Great Courses Plus. We may share your Non-Personal and Personal Information with these third parties to the extent necessary to carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
We may work with Facebook, other social network sites, on-line marketing platforms and programmatic advertising services to display interest-based TTC ads to you in various on-line settings. We may share hashed/encrypted email addresses or phone numbers with these social media and on-line platforms to enable them to identify which users use our service. If you do not want to receive interest-based ads on these sites, you can adjust your ad preferences through your settings on those sites.
We may also disclose your Personal Information as is necessary to:
- comply with a subpoena or court order;
- cooperate with law enforcement or other government agencies;
- establish or exercise our legal rights;
- protect the property or safety of our company and employees, contractors, vendors, and suppliers;
- defend against legal claims;
- help with internal and external investigations; or
- as otherwise required by law or permitted by law.
We may disclose your information in connection with the sale or merger of The Great Courses or any transaction that involves the sale or assignment of some or all of our assets.
With regard to name and postal address only, from time to time and if you have given consent, we may make our mailing list available to carefully screened companies.
Links To Third-party Websites
You may be able to access this Website or your The Great Courses Plus subscription content through third parties with whom we have marketing relationships. Some of these third-party marketing channels may be “co-branded” with our logo; however, note that these third-party channels are not operated, controlled or maintained by The Great Courses. These channels or links are provided for your convenience only and should be used with your discretion and prudent judgment. Links from our Website to third-party websites do not constitute sponsorship, endorsement, or approval of the content, policies or practices of such third-party websites. The collection and use of your information by such co-branded third party is the responsibility of the co-branding partner, and they may use your personal information for their direct marketing purposes. We are not responsible for any information these websites or digital channels may obtain and we do not oversee their policies or practices. This Privacy Notice does not apply to information provided to or gathered by the third parties that operate them.
Australian subscribers: Information we collect about you is likely to be disclosed outside Australia, including to the United States. It may also be processed by staff operating outside Australia who work for us or a third party. This includes staff engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services as listed elsewhere in this Privacy Notice.
- How you may access your Personal Information that is held by us and seek the correction; and
- how you may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, and how we will deal with such a complaint.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or the privacy practices of this Website, please contact us by email at ContactUs@TheGreatCoursesPlus.com.
You may also send a letter to:
The Great Courses Plus
Attn: Customer Care
4840 Westfields Blvd., Suite 500
Chantilly, VA USA 20151-2299
Effective Date: October 2017